How to Charge A Car Battery with A Generator?
Battery is what makes some of the things around us work like toys, remotes, portable, appliances, gadgets, and especially to cars.
To imagine how important it is, try to start a car without a battery or a drained battery. Hard right? That is why we need to make sure that the battery is properly working all the time.
In this article, we will teach you how to charge a car battery with a generator! We know that you are curious now, so keep reading to know how.
Steps in Charging the Car Battery
Can you charge a car battery with a generator? Yes, you can! You might be surprised by now, but it is possible. Here are the simple instructions that you can follow on how to charge a car battery with a generator to help you.
What you need:
- Battery charger
What to do:
- If you want to know how to charge a car battery with a generator, first, you need to make sure that you’re wearing gloves.
- Open the gas container of your generator.
- Insert the funnel to prevent spills.
- Pour in the gasoline and fill it with the advised level.
- Get your battery charger.
- Make sure that it is turned off.
- Connect the wires of the battery charger to your car’s battery by matching them based on their color. Positive or the red wire for the positive terminal and negative or black wire for the negative terminal.
- Pull the starter cord of your generator.
- Once the energy is stable, plug the power cord of the battery charger to the AC outlet. But before doing that, make sure that the power being produce is from 110-120 volts.
- Turn on your battery charger.
- Do not leave your car’s battery while it is charging to prevent overcharging.
- Once your battery charger indicates a full charge, turn off the generator as well as the battery charger.
- Detach the negative wire to the negative terminal first then detach the positive wire.
- Unplug your battery charger from the AC outlet.
- And there you go! Good as new, your car’s battery is ready to use.
As we all know, the battery is the driving force that helps our car move and send us to different places. But if it drains, you will end up pushing your car home.
That is why it is imperative to make sure that your car’s battery is in good condition before buckling up. And now that we taught you how to charge a car battery with a generator, your car’s power to acceleration is in your hands.