How Long Does A Generator Run on Gas
When the power is out, generators come to the rescue. Thanks to them, we can power up our home with electricity during a power outage.
As we all know, most generators run with the help us gasoline. But have you ever wondered how long does a generator run on gas? This is what you will learn in this article!
Common Types of Generators
Before you learn how long does a generator run on gas, we will first introduce to you the types of generator. So below, we provided a simple description for each so you can be familiar with them.
- Portable Generators – this type of generator has a combustion engine. Meaning, it can power a few appliances and light up the whole house. How long does a generator run on gas for this type? If you have 2 gallons of gas, you will enjoy this generator for up to 6 to 7 hours.
- Gasoline Generator – this type of generator is the most popular among other types. That’s because they are powered by gasoline that is easy to find. It is easy to find, of course, you can easily use it. They are portable and lighter compared to other types. How long does a generator run for this type? Well, if you have a gallon of gas, it will run 8 to 10 hours.
- Inverter Generators - this type of generator isn’t noisy and the most convenient to transport. It is also fuel-efficient, and the engine speed can be adjusted. How long does a generator run on gas for this type? If you have 1 and a half-gallon of gas, you will enjoy this generator up to 6 to 8 hours.
- Standby Generators - this type of generator works automatically when the electrical power in your house shuts. You don’t need to start it because it is designed to do the job support automatically. How long does a generator run for this type? You can use it for a maximum of 2 days, no shutting. But it will require you 14 to 15 gallons of gas to do that.
- Diesel Generators - this type of generator is also known as diesel Genset. It can be powered by a diesel or natural gas. How long does a generator run for this type? If you have 9 gallons of gas, you will enjoy this generator for up to 12 hours.
Keep Your Generators Working with the Help of Gasoline
Generators and gasoline are two things that cannot be separated. That’s because generators won’t generate power if there is no gasoline to power it. That explains why most households and big establishments store gallons of gasoline.
Now that you know how long does a generator run on gas, you can estimate the amount of gasoline that you need to power your house. Knowing this will help you be prepared on scheduled power interruptions and, of course, on emergency situations. But remember, gas is flammable, so make sure you keep it somewhere safe!