How Does An Ozone Generator Work
An ozone generator's primary purpose is to construct or fabricate ozone. This method is also used on air purifiers or air cleaners to eliminate air contaminants and odors. Although its purpose may be pure, there has been a growing issue regarding the use of ozone generator. Let's get familiar with how does an ozone generator work.
Get To Know The Ozone Generator
So, how does an ozone generator work? The process of producing the gas ozone works by altering their chemical reactions. Adding energy to oxygen molecules will cause the atoms of the oxygen to separate and merge with other molecules of other substances.
Ozone is popular to be a powerful oxidant, sturdier than chlorine. This systematic design associated with air and water treatment offers a distinct advantage for industrial and medical settings.
Ozone generator for industrial settings
Many industries are using ozone; most of these industries involve water treatment such as waterparks, aquariums, aquaculture, and many more. It is also popular with industries that manufacture food, beverage, and pharmaceutical equipment. Ozone offers greater effectiveness against viruses and bacteria.
Ozone generator for medical settings
Many hospitals and healthcare establishments use ozone generators as well. Its powerful disinfecting properties provide a cleaner and safer environment that is required in medical facilities to ensure the safety of the patients.
Advantage Of Ozone Generator
Primary advantages ozone generator offers to industrial and medical settings:
- Oxidation effect that can break down tough organic matter
- Disinfection that kills all bacterias and viruses
- Eliminates unpleasant odor and causes of discoloration
- Prevents formation of Trihalomethanes
- Effective for destroying Volatile organic compounds
- Reduction of chemical oxidation demand or COD
- Does not add chemicals, germicidal, or any disinfection residue during treatment
- Prevention of the growth of fungus, mold, and mildew
- Proper sanitation for a medical room or area
The use of an ozone generator may prove its effectiveness for industrial settings and medical facilities; many believe it can be very harmful and can cause health problems. There are scientific evidences that show how ozone can be dangerous to ones' health. The ozone generator that is used in households is different compared to what factories use. They are a lot smaller and work by sucking the carbon dioxide in from one side, then passing through an area where it turns into ozone.
The proven harmful effect of exposure to ozone
- Irritation to eye, nose, throat, and lung
- Can cause shortness of breath
- May worsen chronic respiratory diseases
Tips In Using Ozone Generator
If you purchased an ozone generator (air purifier), its best to take extra precautions when using it - here are a few tips you can do to ensure your safety:
- When using your ozone machine, make sure you vacate the room, block off the area so that no one can go inside.
- If you place the machine outside the room, use a hose to blow the ozone inside. Make sure to seal off any open area to ensure air-tight sealing of the room.
- If you plan to clean the whole house, it's better to find a place to stay overnight, even if you're done using the machine hours ago.
- Large concentration can also be harmful to animals. Make sure that you do not have any pets inside the area where you use the machine.
- Run the machine for thirty minutes to two hours. Please read the manual to determine exactly how long it is needed in a room or vehicle.
- Allow the gas to disappear by opening all doors and windows.
The safety of using an ozone generator will always depend on how you use it and the precautions you take. Ensure your safety as well as your family by learning more about ozone generators.